An alteration inspection is carried out in order to approve significant alterations made to a vehicle and to change or supplement the data in the register.
When must an alteration inspection be carried out?
An alteration inspection must be carried out when significant alterations have been made to the car that may affect its safety or environmental impact. The Finnish Transport Safety Agency (TraFi) has specified the grounds for such alterations. You can read about these grounds on the TraFi website.
We will also attend to you personally. It is easiest to call or visit your nearest station.
By being well prepared, you can ensure that your car will pass the inspection.
What should I bring?
- Proof of inspection
- Other documents needed at the alteration inspection, e.g.
- proof of approval of springs, seats, seat belts
- receipts for substituted parts
- proof of engine net power testing
How can I prepare?
- Read more about the alteration inspection
- on the TraFi website
- Call us or visit your nearest station
Make an appointment
Come directly to us or make an appointment by calling your nearest station. When you have a scheduled appointment, you don’t need to wait.